IDEAS AND TIPS

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

How I use coupons at the grocery store


I have 3 coupon files that I take to the store with me-- one is the "rest of the store" file including things like diapers, laundry and dishwashing, soaps and deodorants, paper products,plastic products, candy, and in that one I have the"coupons I used" to when I use one I put it in there so I don't forget to give it to the check out person at the end.

My next file are things like baking, canned fruit, soup, canned meat, cereal etc...and that file is the first half of the store.

My third file is the last half of the store with things like drinks, cheese, frozen, refr. meats etc...

I use the flyer in my sunday paper to see what is on sale in the national brand line and often times it seems the coupons that week go together with what is on sale. The aisles at the store have sale prices at the product showcasing that it is on sale and I look for those signs. Now if I have something I need to buy for a recipe or something and it's not on sale or if I don't have a coupon I buy the cheapest (even if I have a coupon I buy the cheapest). I usually never pay more than $2 for a box of cerea land I can't remember the last time I bought store brand of that. Now I am also not picky about getting a certain kind of cereal each week. There are probably 20 kinds of cereal I would buy and I buy the ones of that that we like and that I can get the cheapest. I often can save $15- $25 with the paper coupons I handed the checkout person. I figure that is worth the time it takes-- I don't work outside the home so I have more time than money. (we don't have double coupons where I live but if they have them near you that is REALLY worth the effort!!!)

Bottom line: I almost always use my coupons with the items that are on sale that week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home