IDEAS AND TIPS

Friday, May 05, 2006

SAVE MONEY USING A CREDIT CARD ONLY FOR A MINUTE!

We are primarily an all cash home. I have envelopes for about 15 things which will be another post sometime. But I like to play games with these stores offering deals when they make you put your purchase on their credit card in order to get a percent off. This happened just this morning to me. I went to Kohl's ( I need new clothes now that I lost almost 85 pounds! :) ) and I had a coupon top get an additional 15% off my entire purchase if I put it on my Kohl's charge. So I did...then I walked back to the customer service area and paid it off with my clothes fund immediately! The lady told me that I can pay right at the register too. I told her that I just bought this and she knew that. It only takes one more minute literally to use the credit card to get the disount then turn around and pay it off with cash. Cool huh? Just don't get trapped or sucked into the tempatation of using the credit card and not paying it off immediately otherwise you are playing their game!

I have found that not all stores allow you to do this. My grocery store Meijer does not allow it last I checked for example.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home