IDEAS AND TIPS

Monday, April 17, 2006

OLYMPIC PARTY

I love the Olympics!! I started a new tradition a couple years ago. Where ever the host city is I do some research before they start about the food and culture of that city/country. Now as our kids get older I will likely get even more into the culture aspects to where they can learn about it. So when it was hosted in Athens I looked up recipes for authentic Greek food and made the recipes and served them the night of the Opening ceremonies. We take a picture of us all at the table just for fun. Torino was fun to research-- found out that the city Turin is in the NW part of Italy in the region of Piedmont and they have their own food types there. Next will be Beijing (China) in 2008 then Vancouver(British Columbia Canada) in 2010 and London(England) in 2012. I am getting hungry already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home